Re: opening zip files are not enabled by default

On Fri, 14 May 2010 11:44:34 -0400 Jabba Laci wrote:
This is just a suggestion. I'm using Ubuntu (10.04) and I noticed that
entering zip files got disabled some time ago.

Actually, zip is not disable. It depends on platform where MC is built.

# Set this to 1 if zipinfo (unzip -Z) is to be used (recommended), otherwise 0.
my $op_has_zipinfo = 1;

It is also strange that in the comment value 1 is recommended, and by
default it is set to 0.

In a source, this line looks as following:

my $op_has_zipinfo = @HAVE_ZIPINFO@;

The value of @HAVE_ZIPINFO@ is set up in a built time as a result of
'uzip -Z' check. If uzip is installed and supports -Z option in OS
where MC is built then $op_has_zipinfo is set to 1. Else it set to 0.

--
Andrew