Re: Colors on MC 4.7.0.1 are *really* a mess

* Yury V. Zaytsev <yury shurup com> [100317 01:37]:
On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 18:07 -0800, Tim Johnson wrote:

2)I do not believe that the documentation in the "Colors" section of
the MC manfile is current. I will give some examples:

Keyword Directory: Doesn't work. It is white on all configurations
that I have attempted. The following ini sample:
"directory=<foreground>,<background>" just plain doesn't work for
me. Neither do the similar controls for symlinks.

Needs to be fixed...

What do you say? Any of you folks that are Close To The Iron for MC
want to step up to the plate and point me in the right direction?

/etc/mc/Syntax
 Looks like that is for mcedit, which I don't use, however this is a
 good tip for anyone wanting to get some fine-grained control.
/usr/share/mc/syntax/xml.syntax
 Likewise
/usr/share/mc/skins
 Aha! And BTW: that's /usr/local/share on my machine ....

And maybe on the way I can find out what the f***in' ctrl-h key
doesn't work on my machine.....

Fixed in 4.7.0.3 ?
Yury V. Zaytsev
  Thank you very much Yury. I will get 4.7.03 and build. And will
  experiment with the the control files you have listed above.
  Cheers
--
Tim
tim johnsons-web com