Setting custom syntax file(s) path

Is there some way to tell mc where to look for it's syntax files please?

Reason is I have changed the colors of some mc syntax files, and whenever there is an update to mc, these get overridden by the latest update.

I'd like to make a directory for my edited customised syntax files, and tell mc to look in there.

Then whenever there is an update to mc, mc will still be using my syntax files, and any new syntax files would only be written to the default location.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net