find file is a mess

I've asked this more than once, and never once got any answer, so ask again
now that I'm using 4.7.x. Find file on native ext2 & ext3 (the only native
filesystems I ever use) finds and lists the same file many  many many many
many many many many many many times, each time with a different numeric:
prefix. Sometimes the same filename shows for several PgDns, I'm guessing
over 200 or more times. Sometimes it takes several minutes to search the
search results.

How can I make mc find file list each file no more than one time?

What does the numeric: prefix represent?
--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/