Re: won't save hotlist

I just noticed that the 4.7.0-pre4 I built about a month ago, on a less used install, does not save the
hotlist.  You can make changes and they stay in memory, but ~/.mc/hotlist is not updated; I'm having to
edit it manually.

Check permissions on ls -alsR ~/.mc ?

Nope.  It does save the ini file there as appropriate.  Also, I run root.  In any case, I chmod'd the hotlist
and the directory to 777 but no luck.

One thing I find a little strange here is that it appears to keep a copy of the hotlist in memory, since it
will add an entry, and the entry stays there until you exit.  But it is not written into the hotlist file.
Here's something else wierd about that: if I manually edit the hotlist file, the change is immediately
reflected in mc AND any new entry added via mc is gone.  I presume it checks the mtime or something and
decides whether to reload or use the copy maintained in memory.

--
MK <halfcountplus intergate com>