Re: Editing with mc

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010, Helmut Hullen wrote:

Hallo, Keith,

keith karsites net meinte am 29.08.10 in mc zum Thema Re: Editing with mc:

1) I don't know a short cut key to get to the beginning or to
the end of a file I'm editing, what am I missing?

CTRL-Home will move you to the top of the file you are editing.
CTRL-End ditto end of file.

That's what I'm expecting, but the cursor moves only to the
beginning or the end of the line!

[...]

       echo $TERM

tells "xterm" (running the machine via "putty").

Maybe that's the reason. When I go to the real keyboard (and not via
"putty") then "echo $TERM" tells "linux", and Ctrl-end works as
described. With old and new versions of mc.

I use konsole terminal emulator part of KDE, under XFCE.

[...]

Ctrl keys work OK on konsole.

Under "putty" most (nearly all) ctrl keys work. Only "ctrl end" and
"ctrl home" seem to resist.

I would expect the individual control keys to work.  However, control
as a modifier to function keys appears to have no effect with putty.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net