Re: mcedit syntax highlighting

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010, Michelle Konzack wrote:

To: mc gnome org
From: Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle tamay-dogan net>
Subject: Re: mcedit syntax highlighting

Hello StanisÅaw Findeisen,

On 2010-08-21 03:10, Michelle Konzack wrote:
He can put the files under ~/.mc/cedit/  :-D
Thanks! It works! What a cool files! :-)

In the time when I had found out it, there was not a singel indice, that
you can do that...  I have ried it out and it worked!

But there is a problem with it:

If you have /usr/share/mc/syntax/Syntax and ~/.mc/cedit/Syntax the later
one takes precedence and if you have only "C Source Code"  defined,  any
other Syntax files from /usr/share/mc/syntax/ will be ignored.

What about copying ALL the mc syntax files to the user's ~/.mc/cedit/Syntax directory? Does that work?

FOR THE DEVELOPERS:
   It would be an advantage, if the developers of MC could do a merge
   of the two directories with precedence on  ~/.mc/cedit/Syntax  and
   if a Syntax file is not found, MC looks into /usr/share/mc/syntax/

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
   Michelle Konzack

That makes perfect sense to me Michelle. So each user can have their own custom versions of the mc syntax files. As they are in the user's home directory, they would not get overwritten when there is an update to mc.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net