Re: MC_COLOR_TABLE not honoured any more?

What do you mean saying "color scheme doesn't work anymore"?

Well the custom colors that I chose in the previous incarnations of mc
aren't applied.

MC_COLOR_TABLE should work as before and it works for me.

Would you provide more info? What is your color scheme? What doesn't
work exactly?

Here is my MC_COLOR_TABLE (it's in /etc/profile)

export MC_COLOR_TABLE="normal=lightgray,black:\
selected=lightgray,brightblue:\
marked=brown,black:\
markselect=black,cyan:\
errors=lightgray,red:\
menu=lightgray,blue:\
menusel=lightgray,black:\
menuhot=yellow,blue:\
menuhotsel=blue,yellow:\
reverse=lightgray,black:\
dnormal=lightgray,black:\
dfocus=blue,lightgray:\
dhotnormal=yellow,black:\
dhotfocus=blue,yellow:\
gauge=blue,cyan:\
viewunderline=red,white:\
helpnormal=lightgray,black:\
helpitalic=brightred,black:\
helpbold=cyan,black:\
helplink=yellow,black:\
helpslink=black,yellow:\
executable=green,black:\
directory=cyan,black:\
link=brightred,black:\
stalelink=yellow,black:\
device=magenta,black:\
special=magenta,black:\
core=red,black:"

For instance, directories appear now as bold white instead of cyan.

mc --help-color

Oops !

--
Fabrice DELENTE