Re: mc 4.7.0pre3 support for .tlz archives

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, /dev/rob0 wrote:

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 15:16:57 Theodore Kilgore wrote:
Does anyone happen to know if similar procedures will open a
Slackware .txz file or not?

Slackware 13's mc works fine with .txz packages.

Sorry, this is on my list of things to look into, but I am also
rather busy trying to hold my end up over here and I simply have
not had time to do much in that direction.

I found it rather simple to upgrade everything on a 12.2 system using
the 13.0 Slackbuild scripts. pkgtools itself can be upgradepkg'ed
on older systems, but you also need xz.

Oh, now that I think of it, I recall that I just installpkg'ed the
slackware64 xz package on my slamd64-12.2 system. I didn't try that
with mc; right now I just ssh to a 13.0 host if I want to look inside
any txz/tlz packages. :)
--

I am running Slackware-current right now, as I said. And the mc package which is installed is mc-20090714_git-i486-1.txz, dated July 14. It will _not_ open a txz file out of the box. So, are you saying it can be thus configured in the extension file?

Theodore Kilgore