Re: Mc Digest, Vol 67, Issue 6

FYI, I have a box with Debian lenny on it (downloaded from debian, not "Oberon") and the mc is fine.

I also work on TWO (2) seperate VPS servers via ssh, unassociated with one another and not maintained by me,
on a daily basis, and the mc on BOTH of these runs flawlessly.  If I recall correctly, I actually installed
the mc with apt-get on one of the them, since I am the only one that uses it, and it was a standard, problem
free installation.

Debian isn't my first choice of distros, but I think anyone who has serious difficulty with it has come to
the table with *the wrong attitude*, because it is comparitively simple, and comparitively well-documented
IMO.  I picked it up mostly to work on those vps servers and generally find their system quick and easy to
use and understand.

Just some thoughts.

--
MK <halfcountplus intergate com>