Re: Mc Digest, Vol 67, Issue 4

On Fri, 2009-11-06 at 04:00 +0300, chris glur wrote:

My oberon [the good OS] collaborator, friend sent the CD from the other
 side of the world. So It's home made.

OK, if this CD is home-made, then how come this has to do with Debian?
It might be based on Debian, but this mysterious collaborator might have
introduced changes, which had some subtile side-effects, e.g. like
breaking bundled mc package.

What's the problem with downloading the original Debian CD and trying
whether it works or not before putting the blame on Debian?

I don't think it makes any sense for us to try to support you to get
some ancient version of the software that you've got from some broken
home-made CD (origins unknown) to work.

If you absolutely want to use this magic CD, why wouldn't you build the
latest version of mc from master? This will at least expose, whether the
system is working at all or not :-)

         'stripped' <---?

It's OK.

--