Re: Mc Digest, Vol 67, Issue 17

I prefer a data-view: where I have my projects in directories, where I
accumulate the various emails, newsArticles, http, own-notes ..etc. for the
specific project.
So therefore the 'directory-tree & files manager', i.e. mc, becomes
the *center*;
and the fetchers just serves mc.

There is nothing about a data-centric view that means you need one megalithic app to do everything.  Your
desire for such a program is, in fact, APPLICATION CENTRIC.  This is a far dumber trend in contemporary
interfaces (eg, both kinds of IDE or any other package software with the word "integrated" in it) than
anything to do with the web.

I really hope never to see the day of the "Integrated Data Browsing and Retrieval Environment".  mc is a nice
lite highly functional filebrowser.  The world does not need more BLOATWARE.

--
MK <halfcountplus intergate com>