Re: Mc Digest, Vol 67, Issue 17

1. the fact that the 'menu' default has
  "h       Strip headers from current newsarticle"
indicates that someone else has already thought of using mc to manage
NewsArticles.

2. Apparently the current trend is to use monster-browsers to fetch
  http, News & even mail. This is part of the regretable dumbing-dowm via Web2,
  which is an 'application' view of computing.

I prefer a data-view: where I have my projects in directories, where I
 accumulate the various emails, newsArticles, http, own-notes ..etc. for the
 specific project.
So therefore the 'directory-tree & files manager', i.e. mc, becomes
the *center*;
  and the fetchers just serves mc.

That's why it was important for me to have a utility which shows which of
[up to] 20 desktop/VT's has a particular mc open at a particular topic.

Beginners view the CPU as the center of their comupting, which is wrong.
The correct heirarchy is CPU > dataStore > Data > info > knowledge > wisdom.

mc helps the Data/info to be stored & manipulated towards knowledge.

The monster-browser view concentrates on 'fetch for immediate consumption'.
Serious projects require 'store and manipulate the data'; i.e. a data-view.

== Chris Glur.