Re: Mc Digest, Vol 64, Issue 3

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:35:11 +0200
chris glur <crglur gmail com> wrote:

Is there some way to get mc to work correctly with rxvt again, or do
I need to stay with earlier versions?

It's because of these nightmare stories, that I fear to 'upgrade'.
Each newer installation, introduces new problems, together with improvements.

In the case of rxvt, it is a little behind the times.  The new trend is Unicode
which rxvt doesn't provide.  But compared to the newer rxvt-unicode and even xterm,
rxvt is still a lot smaller in size and that's why I prefer to use it, especially
when I sometimes have over ten X terminals open simultaneously.

Regarding mc, what I'd like to have is a way to implement a richer set of
colors.  Currently, mc only can display 16 colors, while most X terminals
can be compiled to handle 256.  A larger color set would permit more attractive
customization.

A Zimmer