Questions about MC

Hi, I'm a new Midnight Commander user, and am really enjoying it so far.

First of all, when I am looking at a pop-up window (for example, M-+ for
Select) and want to cancel out of it, I have to hit the Escape key twice
or use M-Escape.  What it the reason for this, and is it possible to remap
this command to a single Escape?

Second, if I use Quick View (C-x q) or Info (C-x i), and then use the same
command to get back to my directory view, MC will open the same directory
as in the active panel, even if the inactive panel was viewing a different
directory to start.  Is this a bug? (And is there a fix?)

Thanks,
Josh Rickmar

--
To send me a personal email, please place [personal] in the Subject line.