Re: Seeing <------> instead of tabs - how to disable ?

On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 18:38 +0300, Ian Brown wrote:
Hello,

I had installed mc on FC9.(mc-4.6.2-3.pre1.fc9.x86_64).

When I open a file which has tabs inside, I see :
<------><------><------> instead of the tabs.

I did not have such a thing with Midnight Commander on earlier versions
of mc.

How I can replace these <------> with spaces ?

I believe it's impossible without fixing the code.  visible_tabs is
global, but it's not defined in any header file and it not used in any
configuration dialogs.  Moreover, that variable is read-only.  It's
never assigned a value except during initialization.

The only work around is to disable color: "mc -b"

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin