dar support in MC later than 4.6.1?

I've been using the dar support plugin for MC produced by Guus Jansman for quite a while. Very useful, since I use dar for a number of backups.

It works pretty well under 4.6.1. However, under any version later than that ( mc-4.6.1_20070309 and 4.6.2-pre1) the behavior of the plugin has changed. Now it presents a long list of directories (preceded by a number of zeros), and while I can traverse the directory structure, I cannot view or extract any files, and the display doesn't make much sense.

Does anyone know of an update for the plugin? Or know how the existing plugin can be fixed? I'd really like to update to a more recent version of MC, but I need the dar support...

I've had a look through the mailing list archives, but haven't found anything relevant to this problem, so I guess not too many people use dar suppor, but I would be most grateful for any pointers.

Paul.