Re: Got lost in windows (was: Re: Mc Digest, Vol 52, Issue 1)

chris glur schrieb:
This crappy web-based-gmail makes it difficult to "edit the topic",

So why do you click on "reply" at all, if what you want to do is write a completely new message?

But what would add much value to mc's usage is a
'singlr key jump back to the previous VT - or roll-back-history'
like bash has.

It's not the job of mc to manage your windows. You usually have a windows manager (like fluxbox, fvwm, twm, icewm, KWin) for that task.

So if I eg. cut from a file viewed in VT3 to paste to a file in
VT5, I often have to re-examine the whole sequence of
8 to recognise which one I want.

I usually press Alt-Tab in that case. This works for KDE, GNOME, Windows, and maybe some other places.

Roland