A good old well-known itchy thing

Hello all!

I know some devices brands who shipped lots of new models during years,
with always the same defect. This defect was well-known from the users
community, it was not very difficult to work around it but it was a
pain to have to deal with it everyday (I won't name those brands, some
car drivers will recognize them).

This is exactly how I feel with the long standing tiny itchy issue in
mc: I have to ctrl+c in the sub-shell otherwise I'm not able to run a
command from the panels and whereas no process is running in sub-shell
or background. It's not once a day, it's dozens and sometimes hundreds
a day, as I'm intensively using mc and its sub-shell.

This bug is not a big issue and it doesn't waste lots of time and energy
from a users perspective, but it's what I'd call a real PITA, possibly
impacting user's moral :-).

Since it's there for years, I suppose it's too hard to fix or not
enough important to developers? If you need help fixing it, would you
mind telling us a bit about the problem underlyings and providing few
technical pointers so that we could give it a look?

I'm a happy user of mc (compiled from the sources):
GNU Midnight Commander 2007-06-23-14
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, cpiofs, ftpfs, fish, mcfs, smbfs, undelfs
With builtin Editor
Using system-installed S-Lang library with terminfo database
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support
Data types: char 8 int 32 long 32 void * 32 off_t 64 ecs_char 8

Regards,

--
wwp