Re: Display Corrupted over remote connections for RHEL5 and CentOS5

Hello,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:08:02 -0500
Von: dead
An: mc gnome org
Betreff: Display Corrupted over remote connections for RHEL5 and CentOS5

When running mc from console attached to an RHEL5 or CentOS5 system, it
displays fine, but when running mc over a remote/ssh connection, the
display is badly corrupted and becomes even more corrupted if you try to
navigate. I've already tried changing my $TERM environment variable to
various other settings - linux, xterm, vt100, etc, - but to no avail.
They all seem to have the same display issues. Any light you could shed
on the situation would be most appreciated. Google has not been kind! =)

I usually connect via openssh over the most current iTerm on OSX
10.4.10. However, I've tested with other terminal programs - putty on
winxp, securecrt on winxp, regular terminal in osx, etc - and they all
are plagued with the same corruption of the display.

When you ssh to the remote machine type the following command:

export LANG=C

or configure your terminal emulator to interpret UTF-8 input.