Re: man pages and tbl

Hello,

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Some time ago I was investigating the internal viewer code
which deals with man pages. I asked myself the same question
and if I remember correctly I found that invoking "tbl" is not
necessary since most processors already invoke it or something

I recall some comment to the effect that one or more of the *BSD's
(such as OpenBSD) do not invoke tbl automatically.

There is this other thing too ... The man page may require
more processors than just tbl to properly format the output.
Solaris man pages are example of that - they contain tables
at the end which are not properly processed by MC.