Re: man pages and tbl

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Some time ago I was investigating the internal viewer code
which deals with man pages. I asked myself the same question
and if I remember correctly I found that invoking "tbl" is not
necessary since most processors already invoke it or something

I recall some comment to the effect that one or more of the *BSD's
(such as OpenBSD) do not invoke tbl automatically.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net