Re: mc in xterm: mouse problem

2007 január 5, péntek 16.00 dátummal ezt írta:
On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 15:49, Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Mattiassich kos wrote:
I want to use mc-4.6.1 in the Konsole of KDE3.5. If I press a button on
my mouse it writes some characters into the command line:
$ #.8M ,8M#,8M"-8M#-8M"28M#28M"B1M#B1M @3M# 3M 24M#24
I tried it in xterm too, but it doesn't work also.
In a text console works everything fine.

Anybody have an idea what might be the problem?
Variable TERM=xterm.

There's a setting in mc's initialization file related to 8-bit
characters. Removing that will probably help.

Which version of MC are you using and on which distro. Some
months ago Thomas reported a bug in the mouse handling code
when "use_8th_bit_as_meta" is set in you configuration file
($HOME/.mc/ini). What you see might be a manifestation of this
bug. It was fixed in CVS but you distro might be missing this
particular patch. So first of all check whether you have set
"use_8th_bit_as_meta" to 1 and change it to 0. If you still have
a problem after that let us know.

Thank you for your comment.
My distro is ubuntu edgy 6.10 .
mc version 1.4.6.1-5
use_8th_bit_as_meta=0 doesn't solve the problem :(