Re: Fwd: Re: Behavior of internal search in a file has changed?

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:15:04 +0200
An: mc gnome org
Betreff: Fwd: Re: Behavior of internal search in a file has changed?

b. you went to the point where you can see the data block at the bottom of
the screen using page down and then used the arrow key to go to the middle
of the data block,
        then you will get sent back to before the beginning of the data
block, to the place where you were when you quit using page down and
started to move with the arrow key (unsettling behavior).

This is because the arrow key handling is broken as discussed already in this thread. If you only go by
PgUp/PgDn then everything would be find. Pressing Up/Down keys would mess the search. I have a patch but I am
waiting for Roland's comment since he made the patch which broke the old behaviour. If he doesn't respond
till the end of the week I'll commit a fix.

Sorry that my previous message did not go to the list. It was an accident.

As to what you say here, thanks. It is also a very good idea to check with the committer of a patch before patching the patch. So no problem about that. I guess the thing to do now is to wait, so I will wait for a few days and see what comes.

Thanks very much for your concern about the problem.

Theodore Kilgore