Re: Behavior of internal search in a file has changed?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:10:03 +0200
Von: "Pavel Tsekov"
Betreff: Re: Behavior of internal search in a file has changed?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:36:01 -0500 (CDT)

What seems to happen for me now is that, if I scroll halfway through the
file and search at that point for "string" then the search function
thinks
it is more clever than I am, and what I really wanted to do was to go
back
to the beginning of the file, if, say, "string" was to be found on line
3.

Please, calm down. I understand that you're frustrated by the sudden
change of behaviour but your report could be more useful if it contained
details like what version of MC worked for you and which is the version to
which you upgraded. The exact sequence of commands that you issue to get
the erronous behaviour could be also helpful. Anyway, I've played with the
viewer a bit and found out that the said behaviour is exhibited only if you
move down by using the arrow keys. If you move down using Page Down it
works as expected. I'll investigate and post a patch.

Ok. The bug was introduced by this patch:

 http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/mc/src/view.c?root=mc&r1=1.250&r2=1.251&sortby=date&diff_format=u

With the new movement code introduced by the patch above the position
at which the search should start is not updated as the user moves
up/down by one line. This change conflicts with the old (expected) behaviour. Perhaps there are other
instances where moving around the file
would cause breakage. I suspect that the hex mode  may be affected as it calls view_move_[left|right] but it
doesn't call view_movement_fixups (..., TRUE), but I haven't verified that yet. Roland, would you mind taking
a look at this issue or advise as to why you changed the code in that way ?

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail