Re: Behavior of internal search in a file has changed?

Hello,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:36:01 -0500 (CDT)
Betreff: Behavior of internal search in a file has changed?

What seems to happen for me now is that, if I scroll halfway through the
file and search at that point for "string" then the search function thinks
it is more clever than I am, and what I really wanted to do was to go back
to the beginning of the file, if, say, "string" was to be found on line 3.

Please, calm down. I understand that you're frustrated by the sudden change of behaviour but your report
could be more useful if it contained
details like what version of MC worked for you and which is the version to which you upgraded. The exact
sequence of commands that you issue to get the erronous behaviour could be also helpful. Anyway, I've played
with the viewer a bit and found out that the said behaviour is exhibited only if you move down by using the
arrow keys. If you move down using Page Down it works as expected. I'll investigate and post a patch.

Thanks for the bugreport.