smbclient mount with MC?

On http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Samba I see that Konq can do
'smb://server/sharename' to use smbclient to access lanman shares. Mc
doesn't have an equivalent that I have found so far on
http://www.ibiblio.org/mc/FAQ or elsewhere. Is there one?

The reason I want this is newest kernels have no smbfs do to smbfs
having lost its maintainer a while back, and for old windoz and OS/2
shares cifs is broken, but smbclient works.
--
"Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you
have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you;

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409