Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:30:16 +0300
From: Lindy Mayfield <lindymayfield gmail com>
To: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net>
Subject: Re: mc starts after 60 second delay

Yes, as a matter of fact I've recently installed samba.

why?  What are you thinking?

This is Ubuntu but on another system I have Centos4.1 where I've also
installed samba and mc works fine there.

what about samba could be doing this?  how could I test it?  shut down samba?

On 9/14/06, Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net> wrote:

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Lindy Mayfield wrote:

> I'm running Ubuntu Linux:
>
> Linux lian 2.6.15-26-386 #1 PREEMPT Thu Aug 3 02:52:00 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> And mc was working fine and one day it just stopped.  I'm quite sure
> it is something I did, but as of yet I haven't found the problem.

Do you have samba installed ? Have you played with the samba configuration
files recently ?