Re: mc ftp vfs strato

Sadly, this is not the only option which needs more exposure :( There
are many options which lack a GUI and are not documented.

name them (as much as you like) now that i know what i am doing it
should be very fast in the tree

You have to modify the VFSX and VFSY macros...
well it wasn't that simple - took several hours to figure out, why the
boxes were empty and what these offset (VFS_WIDGETBASE) means

because i knew where to search i found use-unix-list-options and
ftp_retry and a bug, that use_passive_mode_over_proxy was not stored
in ini

therefore two files are attached hopefully i find them in one of the
next snapshots :)

> would it be rather nessesary to define this option per ftp server -
> how could one archive that?

I think it makes sense. To achieve that we would need a new configuration
file to keep track of connection settings. Of couse the connection
dialog box should be changed accordingly.

too complicated right now - there is no real 'setup' for various vfs
connections since they are done as cd /#  implementing a feature like
totalcommander would be too much rigth now
hacking ~/.netrc would be my personal favorite - but as i read it is
rather used for macros than to setup connections.
couldn't we use a comment in this file to configure the cwdbeforelist
and unixlist options in mc?

peace

--
please do NOT compromise my and your realname with this email contact

attack terror bomb fire blow airplane 2006-05-04 03:02:01
explosion friend money credit card secret confidential

please accept and protect aliases of people you know in person

skyscraper death kill al quaeda cai police gun shoot osama
cia fbi dea mi5 nsc bka usss nsa kgb fsb g10 pope

h: md5 hack sleep war destruction white house pentagon
blood trojan virus beheading unforgiven god islam iraq
busch kennedy massacre soccer counter countdown alien
ufo file

please report other patterns that may lead to storage
in high security government databases.

ich werde morgen als Held vor Allah stehen
جديد الموقع