Re: G_FILENAME_ENCODING

Saith Lorenzo Viali:
There are three problems:

1. Sometimes when I access a zip file, then delete it
and create a new one with the same name as of that
deleted, old files that have been deleted still appear
in the new zip, although I have not given `zip'
options to include them...

That'd be a VFS 'feature'. I reckon it builds a copy of an archive's directory structure in temp. file space and hands you that to navigate within the archive. It deletes the temp. structure after a while of non-use or on exit.

2. When I (re)compile a program, `mc' seems to execute
the previous version of the executable, because when I
execute the newer version via `gdb', it runs
differently...

I know that some shells cache paths to accesssed files. bash has an incantation to clear this cache (hash -r). Dunno if it helps *your* particular case, but since bash is prone to Rama-wails if you move an exe you have already used, it's a nice one to know. It might also be that your brand-spanking-new exe isn't in the search path, or comes *after* the old version. In those cases it's either 'type the full path to the exe' or muck about with $PATH. Millennium hand and shrimp.

Reynir H. Stefánsson (reynirhs isl is)
--
       So how am I here now? Well, about one month ago my seventeen-
year-old self would have stumbled upon the buried ruins of an ancient

               ("Quid Olim Erat Et Est Iterum" by Prospero Hibiki)