Re: Ctrl+Enter doesn\'t work in MC in xterm

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, dusan halicky wrote:

Hi.

If I run MC in XTERM in X.org, the Ctrl+Enter (copy current filename from cursor to commandline) doesn\'t work. In text console this works fine. I have Slackware 10.2. Instead of copy filename to clipboard, it act like plain Enter. The result was the same on many different window managers and also the same in rxvt. Any idea how to solve this? Thanks...

While it's possible that Ctrl+Enter in Linux console may be using some
Linux-specific ioctl's, those would not work for portable applications
written for X.

You can use xterm's translations resource to modify this; the other
terminal emulators don't provide a comparable feature.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net