mc & Cygwin

Hello,

I am new on the list. For years I have been using mc without any issue. A few day ago I had to set up a Cygwin server (CYGWIN_NT-5.0, i686 Cygwin) and I came across of rather annoying issue. If I open a FTP session with a server, I can put files on the server, but I can not get any of them. I get "Internal error: You may not do this".
Command line ftp works. There must be something wrong with the mc (4.6.1).
Any clue would be very appreciated.

Regards Zvone Zagar