the -P option

Hello list,

 I would like to enable mc when I quit to stay in the <dir> I was in the mc session, on the manual I read:

-P

At program end, the Midnight Commander will print the last working directory; this, along with the shell function below, will allow you to browse through your directories and automatically move to the last directory you were in (thanks to Torben Fjerdingstad and Sergey for contributing this function and the code which implements this option).

But don’t understand what I need to do.

Can anyone give me simple steps how to enable this?

Paul