mc and sshd

HI

i'am using sshd to log on my debian server via PuTTy for Windows NT like Operating Systems, after i have upgraded my Kernel from 2.4.7 to 2.6.9 by building it by my own, some problems occured using midnight commander and ssh together. Everytime i login in via ssh and run mc, ssh kills the connection unexpectly, i searched some logs like authlog.log and syslog, but can't find usefull stuff in there, i also should mention that i use the pam_limits.so module and have set some limits to normal users, less ram and cpu time, i'am not sure if this is the thing that causes the connection to be terminated. I tried mcview and this worked, but only for smaller files, big files like logfiles caused the termination of the connection.

version of mc and ssh:

mc: GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.1-pre3
sshd: OpenSSH_3.8.1p1 Debian-8.sarge.4 with
         OpenSSL 0.9.7e

greez

max