tile orizonzontal vs. vertical

Hi list,
I was contacted privately from an Italian mc user who asked a
question: I was embarassed because I have had no answer. I mean I am not
100% sure of the answer.
He asked me if it is possible to tile orizontally the mc windows, instead
of vertically. If so what is the mc_variable or the environment_variable
to set up?
I personally don't think that mc can change the graphical layout in order
to accomplish to this requirement, isn't?
It would be a strange but usefull enhancement, isn't it?
Do you think that it is possible or too heavy/not feasable?
Cheers

SteX
--
GPG key = D52DF829    --     SteX   --   <stefano melchior openlabs it>
http://etinarcadiaego.dyndns.org --- User#324592, http://counter.li.org