Re: subshell (ctrl-o) not working properly

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

So now with the right binary:

# mc -V
GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.1
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, cpiofs, ftpfs, fish
With builtin Editor
Using included S-Lang library with terminfo database
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm

Pressing ctrl + o shows the background, but I can't execute any shell
commands (I return to mc immediately when pressing any key).

Strace available at http://wpkg.org/subshell.strace.gz (strace -o
subshell.strace) and http://wpkg.org/sub.strace.gz (strace -o sub.strace
mc -U).

The strace output suggests that the subshell is being killed by a SIGPWR
signal. I cannot tell why this signal is being sent to the subshell
though. Maybe the OS you are running on your embedded device is
sending this signal for some specific purpose and expects the application
to deal with it... In any case the fact that the subshell is not working
on your platform is not a bug in MC.