Re: colorization of mc

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 22:15 +0100, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
Hi Lucien,

There are other examples of how the current context is
"sticky" (maintained one character too long). Sadly the code is
undocumented and the original author (Paul Sheer) does not want to
change it's behaviour as "the syntax highlighting cannot have a bug
because i have defined the specification as being the current
implementation"...

This issue is probably fixable, but I haven't quite understood that code
yet...

Now I think of it... I discussed the context switch issue I'm referring
to in this thread:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2005-April/msg00089.html ,
"Double syntax context switch".

The fix I applied for this issue might well be the cause of your
problem:

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/mc/syntax/php.syntax?root=mc&r1=1.7&r2=1.8

Or maybe not, as " " is still a context, although not exclusive... Might
make a difference.

See if reverting that patch fixes your issue (reverting it will recreate
the issue mentioned in the thread above). Or see if (only) defining a
keyword '"*"' fixes your issue. Although that would break the
highlighting of the escaped characters in double quoted strings. Sigh.

Leonard.