mcedit: usage of Ctrl-Home, Shift-arrows, Ctrl-Insert and similar keys

Hello everybody,

It is a great feature of mcedit to support Ctrl-Home, Shift-arrows,
Ctrl-Insert+Shift-Insert on the Linux console. But I would like to
have these keys in mcedit running in a text terminal session.

I'm using Putty (v 0.58), OpenSuse Linux 10.1, here is output of
mc -V

GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.1
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, cpiofs, ftpfs, fish, undelfs
With builtin Editor
Using system-installed S-Lang library with terminfo database
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support
With multiple codepages support

I've tried different terminal-types in putty:
"xterm", "putty" (defined in /etc/termcap) and "linux" (to use it "The
Function keys and keypad" radiobutton in Putty changed to "linux").
It means TERM variable was "xterm", "putty", "linux".
Nothing helps.

Any suggestion how to get these keys working in a terminal?
Does it helps to use another terminal program?

best regards
Dmitri