Re: Per-directory editor settings

Hello Peter,

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:05:48 -0400 Peter Masiar <peter masiar yale edu> wrote:

wwp wrote:
Hello there,

I wonder if mcedit does or would allow to use editor settings following
the directory it loads files from. IIRC vim has such behaviour, it allows
to set .vimrc files in directories so that different edition settings are
used.

In a general way, I'm looking for a convenient way to use different
settings (mainly tab settings) following the source files I'm editing. At
work we now use 4-space, but for some OS projects it's tab-4-space, here
it's tab-8-space.. well you know that holy war about tab ;-).

Any thought?

maybe what are you looking for is convenient way to set vim
as your default editor in MC?

Ah-ah no, no thanks :-).

Regards,

--