Re: F6

Pavel Roskin wrote:

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 14:53 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
Surely there must be some way to make F6 put the current name on the
input line for editing (renaming) instead of moving to some other
location, but I am at a loss to find it. I'm really tired of retyping
complete filenames. Someone please tell me how to easily just add or
deleting one character in a filename.

Shift-F16 (in the latest versions).

I don't have any F16 key. :-p F6 tries to move. Shift-F6 doesn't do
anything at all where most needed, on tty[1-6].

Also, file completion (Escape-Tab) works in the rename dialog, which
makes it easy to rename to any exisitng filename.

This is unintuitive and doesn't seem to work right. When I try esc-tab,
it brings up a list of local files. If I pick one, it pastes it in front
of the proposed path to move to that came up with F6.
--
"In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you."
                                                Matthew 7:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/