Re: FTP Directory Listing

Hello,

What ftp server are you using ? Can you arrange for an anonymous account
so that we can try and reproduce what you see ?

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, JM wrote:

On 12:54 Wed 22 Jun     , /dev/rob0 wrote:
On Wednesday 22 June 2005 12:38, JM wrote:
When I log into my file server with mc, or any other ftp for that
matter, mc says I am all logged in, but the directory structure is
missing.  I am staring at a blank blue panel.  When I log in with a
regular ftp on the command line, every thing shows up.  Is there
something that I am doing wrong?  I use the command `cd
ftp://user server`

Look in the help for Virtual File System, FTP File System. The syntax
given is "/#ftp:[!][user[:pass] ]machine[:port][remote-dir]", so try
this:
    cd /#ftp:user server

Tried it, no good.