starting mc so that the panels will be at a certain directory (newbie)

Hello,
Is there a way to configure mc so that it will start so that left panel is , for example, /root
and right panel is, for example, /work?

What happens is that when I open MC one panel is opened to the folder it was last in before closing mc.
I want to avoid it.
 I tried to look  in the ~/.mc/ini file
There is this section which may be relevant:
[Dirs]
other_dir=...
current_is_left=0

But I did not figured out what should I do to configure mc to start some predefined directories
on both panels.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Sting