Re: Question about an old i18n bug in MC

On 7/10/05, Leonard den Ottolander  <leonard den ottolander nl> wrote:
On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 07:40, Rostislav Krasny wrote:
Charset translation could be implemented in the Midnight Commander
itself, independently from any OS. I wonder why it hadn't been done
yet?

Because you didn't do it yet.

If I do it, would you commit it to the official source code of MC?

I did such patch for one of the Russian distros, but it was rejected.
Developers said it's not wise to think user know about C-T hot key if
s/he use F1.

So, you can save your time if you think to use existent codepages.c functions.

--
Regards,
Andrew V. Samoilov

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM BCS! http://www.bcs.zp.ua