Re: mc needing a DNS translation when run

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 15:58, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
Interesting. I seem to be seeing a similar problem when I ssh into
sourceforge and run mc. The console hangs long enough for me to be
digging out your email and writing this reply. I always thought it
was just sourceforge being cute because I use mc extensively and
never see this problem anywhere else.

unset DISPLAY

Unfortunately DISPLAY is not set. Neither setting it to null, nor
unsetting it has any effect.

If you've got any other ideas I'll be happy to try them. I'm logged into
an SF console via SSH onto a box running Fedora Core release 2. It has
two xeon processors delivering a staggering 10000+ bogomips and there are
32 users logged in. Load average is minimal. Time to load mc is well into
several minutes.

I log into loads of servers via SSH and I've only ever seen this problem
on SF. It is not a big deal as I have plenty of bash skills, but if
anyone does have a clue...

Paul
--
Paul Reeves