Re: mc needing a DNS translation when run

On Monday 28 November 2005 18:43, don Paolo Benvenuto wrote:
I've been using mc for a long while.

As of one year or more mc performs a DNS address translation before
showing its window.

Interesting. I seem to be seeing a similar problem when I ssh into
sourceforge and run mc. The console hangs long enough for me to be
digging out your email and writing this reply. I always thought it was
just sourceforge being cute because I use mc extensively and never see
this problem anywhere else.

FWIW, this has been consistent on SF for different releases of Red Hat /
Fedora over the last few years. Weird.

Paul
--
Paul Reeves