Re: Parent directory's permissions in mini-status

Hello,

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Sergey Ilyevsky wrote:

Hi,

It seems that mc shows wrong permission for parent dir in mini-status,
or in long-file (or user-defined) listing mode.
E.g.:

$ ls -ld A
drwx------    3 sergey   sergey       4096 Mar 31 10:34 A/
$ ls -ld A/B
drwxr-xr-x    2 sergey   sergey       4096 Mar 31 10:34 A/B/

Standing at A/B in MC on "..", I see the following in mini-status:
/..         UP--DIR drwxr-xr-x
                            ^^^ (highlited although I'm the owner)
If I press Ctrl+x->c, I see the right permissions, if I change them,
A's permissions are properly changed.

It seems that it always show the same drwxr-xr-x permissions.

Yep - the '..' (parent dir) entry is bogus. If i remember right this was
made on purpose because if you are using remote vfs (ssh, ftp) it can take
a long time to stat the parent dir. You can check the mc-devel archives
for further info.