Re: Slow startup as user on console

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Jan Brezina wrote:

Hallo,

I have problem with mc 4.6.0 :
GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.0
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, cpiofs, ftpfs, fish, smbfs
With builtin Editor
Using system-installed S-Lang library with terminfo database
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support

When I start it from xterm or on console as root, it startup
immediatly, but when I started it as user from console I must wait about
5sec. I have found in mail-list archive some similar problem connected
with oafd (??), but this server run in both cases.

Do you have some suggestion?

Check if DISPLAY is set.  Check if you can run X applications, such as
xterm.  Also you may want to try the same shell as the root users.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin