change dir using a menu command

Hi

I've written a samba browser/mounter script,
what it does is use smbclient, to get a list of samba shares,
and gives me a list of shares using 'dialog', when I choose a share it
is mounted.
I've added a menu item to the menu file, that will run the program,
and I want mc to jump to the mounted directory,
I have looked around, and saw that it was possible with the
$MC_CONTROL_FILE variable, but then I saw that it was disabled.
So I'm wondering how (and if) it is possible.

Thanks
  David E.
  edavid doal co il