emacs -nw as external editor

I wanted to use emacs as mc's external editor. But I prefer having the non-X interface that is invoked with "-nw".

I have managed to change my EDITOR to "/usr/bin/emacs -nw", since `echo ${EDITOR}` gives me "/usr/bin/emacs -nw".

When i started mc, and tried to invoke the editor with [F4], emacs is not executed. mc appeared to try to execute it (similar effect achieved when pressing C-o), and the cursor goes to top-left of the terminal (0,0), but it immediately returns to mc's panels.

Note that without the -nw switch, mc was able to invoke emacs. So I guess the -nw switch breaks things... :p

Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance,

-Eddy
mc-4.6.0