Re: subshell and kernel problem

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Antonio wrote:

I encoutered a problem with mc after compiling my own minimal 2.4.22
kernel (for audio purpouse) under a Debian Sid. If I try to enter in a
ubshell with CTRL+o I see the following text:

   [anto fulmine]:~$ mc
   subshell.c: couldn't open master side of pty
                                               pty_open_master: No such
   file or directory

I have improved the error message in CVS.

You can use strace to see what error it was.  I guess /dev/ptmx is missing
or cannot be opened by the ordinary users.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin